Republic of Angola
Local Name: Angola
Local Formal Name: República de Angola
United Nations: African Union
Status: UN Country
Capital City: Luanda
Main Cities: Huambo
Area: 1,246,700 km2
Currency: 1 new kwanza 100 lwei
Languages: Portuguese, Bantu
Religions: Roman Catholic, Animist
- José Eduardo Agualusa (1960– ), journalist and writer.[Gikandi]
- Mário Pinto de Andrade (1928–1990), poet and politician
- Arlindo Barbeitos (1940– ), poet
- Mendes de Carvalho, writing as Uanhenga Xitu, politician and Africanist writer in Portuguese and Kimbundu.[Gikandi]
- Lopito Feijóo (1963– ), poet.
- António Jacinto (1924–1991), poet and political activist.[Gikandi]
- Sousa Jamba (1966– ), Anglophone journalist and novelist.
- Luis Kandjimbo (1960– ), essayist and critic.
- Dia Kassembe (1946– ), Francophone writer and novelist.
- Alda Lara (1930–1962), poet.
- Reis Luís, or "Mbwanga" (1968– ), Portuguese-language novelist.
- João Maimona (1955– ), poet and essayist.
- Manuel Rui Monteiro (1941– ), poet.[Gikandi]
- Agostinho Neto (1922–1979), poet.[Gikandi] [Killam & Rowe]
- Ondjaki (1977– ), poet, novelist and dramatist.
- Pepetela, pen-name of Artur Carlos Maurício Pestana dos Santos (1941–), writer of fiction.[Gikandi]
- Oscar Ribas (1909–2004), novelist
- Paula Tavares (1952– ), poet.
- José Luandino Vieira (1935– ), short-story writer and novelist.[Gikandi]